Friday 25 August 2017

✪ Nineteen Letter ✪ Jodi Perry ✪




RELEASE DATE 29TH AUGUST 2017


 
NINETEEN LETTERS

Braxton

Nineteen. Theres something about that number; it not only brought us together, bonding us forever, it also played a hand in tearing us apart.

The nineteenth of January 1996. Ill never forget it. It was the day we met. I was seven and she was six. It was the day she moved in next door, and the day I developed my first crush on a girl.

Exactly nineteen years later, all my dreams came true when she became my wife. She was the love of my life. My soul mate. My everything. The reason I looked forward to waking up every morning.

Then tragedy struck. Nineteen days after we married, she was in an accident that would change our lives forever. When she woke from her coma, she had no memory of me, of us, of the love we shared.

I was crushed. She was my air, and without her I couldnt breathe.

The sparkle that once glistened her eyes when she looked at me was gone. To her, now, I was a stranger. I had not only lost my wife, I had lost my best friend.

But I refused to let this tragedy be the end of us. Thats when I started to write her letters, stories of our life. Of when we met. About the happier times, and everything we had experienced together.

What we had was far too beautiful to be forgotten.


 


ARC received from Hachette Australia for an honest review

 Image

 " What we had is far too beautiful to be forgotten"

This book is just stunning.  From the first word to the last, I was enthralled with Brax and Jem's story.

Right from the get go this is a very emotional story.  I think my heart fell to the floor at about the 10% mark and it took the whole story to bring it back to my chest.

We are put through the wringer right along with our lovelies in this story.

Brax is just all kinds of wonderful, and my heart broke over and over for him, however, every chapter, every letter let me hope just a little bit more - just like him.  I just wanted to give this beautiful, devoted man a hug and tell him it would all work out.

I really couldn't put this book down (although I did, just to sleep!).

It was beautiful, heartbreaking yet heartwarming being taken on the journey as these soul mates found their way back together through Brax's 19 letters.

This has become one of my favourite reads of 2017, and wish I could read it again for the first time.

Can't wait to see what Ms Perry brings us next.