Thursday 20 April 2017

✪ The Postman Always Dies Twice (Movie Club Mysteries #2) ✪ Zara Keane ✪





Postmen. Poltergeists. Poitín.

When former San Francisco cop, Maggie Doyle, extends her stay in Ireland, dealing with more murder and mayhem isnt on her to-do list. The instant Maggie and her UFO-enthusiast friend discover the dead body of the Whisper Island postman, Maggies plans to chill for the next two months are put on ice.

After Police Sergeant Reynolds, Maggies handsome neighbor, arrests Lennys brother for the murder, her friend begs her to find the real killer. Meanwhile, Maggie is hired to investigate ghostly goings on at the Whisper Island Hotel. Can she solve two crimes before St. Patricks Day? Or will the islands annual celebrations end in a glittery flame of green, white, and orange?

 


ARC received for an honest review

This is the second book in this new series from Ms Keane, and I have to say, I think I liked this one better than the first.

Maggie Doyle's arrival on Whisper Island seems to have really stirred up all kinds of trouble.  It is becoming like the towns on Midsomer Murders, where they look lovely, but you don't want to go there as everyone ends up dead!

The Postman Always Dies Twice is full of fun, laughter, mystery and intrigue.  The rag tag bunch characters of this island ensure that there is never a dull moment! 

I am loving that we are getting to know the characters better, they are building relationships and causing havoc all over the island!  

There is so much going on in this story, however it is not OTT. It is well paced and well written, and I just had to keep turning the pages as I needed to know what happened next.

I am usually good at picking the bad guy, but once again I had no idea and was surprised when the culprit was revealed

I am still holding out for a little romance between our Maggie and the hot cop Liam, and things do seem to be progressing between them!

This is quickly becoming my favourite series by Ms Keane and I can't wait to see what she brings us next.



 



READ BOOK ONE HERE