Monday 23 May 2016

✪ Hooker ✪ JL Perry ✪





HOOKER - A heartbreakingly beautiful love story. One night of passion with a sinfully hot stranger will change everything ...

Jade

Jade
s young life was tough. After her mother died during childbirth and her father could no longer look after her, she was placed in foster care where she stayed for the next ten years. She grew up feeling unloved and unwanted as she was passed around from one screwed up home to the next.

Things began to look up for her when she was adopted by a wealthy socialite at the age of eleven. Sometimes though, things aren
t always what they seem. Jade didnt know it at the time, but her new adoptive mother had big plans for her, and spent the next seven years grooming Jade for that role.

Jade learnt early in life that she couldn
t rely on anyone but herself. Instead of letting her circumstances beat her, she took all the negatives shed been dealt, and used them to her advantage. She grew up to be a strong, successful, determined and independent woman. She was a loner by choice.

The only thing lacking in her life was companionship and love. She
d never experienced it, so she didnt know what she was missing, until she had a one-night-stand with a handsome stranger. One night, that would change everything.

Brock

Brock grew up privileged. He had everything going for him. Money, looks, charm, success and an endless array of beautiful women. He wasn
t interested in commitment. To him women were easy. They practically threw themselves at his feet. All they wanted was to do something nobody had ever managed before. Snare the hot, rich bachelor.

Then he met Jade. She was like a breath of fresh air. A challenge. Nothing like the women he was used too. Their one night together ignited something within him. A burning desire to own her, possess her, but Jade had other plans. Nobody says no to Brock Weston, nobody.

He
s left wondering about a woman he knows he can never have. But, when fate brings them together again, will he get what he wants? Will he be able to claim the unattainable? Or will her secrets crush him, and destroy any chance they have of being together?





ARC received from Hachette Australia for an honest review

Image

I am not going to lie - this is the first book by Ms Perry that I have read (even though I have had her books on my kindle and my bookshelf for what seems like forever). 

Hooker had me hooked from the first word to the last.

From the minute we meet Jade I had a sense of hope for her - but with the title of the book I also had a sense of foreboding that I should have known what was going to hit me.

It was gut-wrenching, heart-breakingly sad.

Until Brock.  Can I just take a minute to swoon over Brock Weston.... OK, I am back.  I don't want to give too much away about him, but  you will agree with me when you read him

Jade and Brock's story is one heck of an emotional rollercoaster.   Hate. Despair, Love. And most importantly... Hope.

Hope for the life Jade wants to live.  Hope she can get away from the situation she has been put in.  Hope the she and Brock can have a relationship.  Hope for love.

This was not your ordinary romance.  I felt it was so much more.

Ms Perry grabbed my attention right from the start, and I was drawn into Brock and Jade's world, dragging me along for one heck of a ride.

The story flowed, was well paced and as much as I wanted to get to the end to find out what happened, I didn't want it to end.

Like the advertisements say, "Snickers really satisfies" (you will get this when you read)

Now,  I am off to grab her other books off my shelf and kick myself for taking so long to read them.