Tuesday 29 December 2015

✜ Mastered ✜ Maya Banks ✜ #TheEnforcers1 ✜

© Bianca   
    

MAYA BANKS - MASTERED

• release day 29 December 2015
• #1 in the ENFORCERS Series
• 368 pages






 



What he wants, he takes with no remorse or guilt.
 
She stood out in his club like a gem, unspoiled and untouched. A lamb among wolves, she clearly didn’t belong. Drawn to her innocence he watched as she was surrounded by men who saw what he did
but no one but him could touch her. He summoned her to his private quarters. He sensed her fear. He also recognized the desire in her eyes. And he knew she wouldn’t leave before he possessed her. She had no need to know his secrets. Not until he had her under his complete and utter control.
 
What he wants, she isn’t sure she can give him.
 
The moment he told her want he wanted, she couldn’t resist. Instinct told her to run, but her heart said stay and walk the fine line between pleasure and pain. Though she wasn’t sure she could ever completely surrender, the primal part of her wanted to try, even knowing this man could break her in ways she never imagined. Because once he possessed her, he owned her and it would be too late to turn back. She can only pray that he doesn’t destroy her in the end.



 

23-year-old Evangeline is your typical shy, innocent, almost-virgin.
Her idiot ex Eddie dumped her cruelly after telling her she totally sucks in bed...and not in a good way.
Her friends/room-mates want her to win back some confidence - to show Eddie what he threw away - so they send her to the in-club in Manhattan IMPULSE --- a club owned by Drake Donovan!

Drake.
He's your typical dominant, dark, hottie millionaire.
He doesn't have time for girlfriends, or love or any other stupid shit.
He controls his life 100 percent. In and out of the bedroom.

As soon as Evangeline entered his club, his eyes were on her.
And once her ex Eddie started making a scene, hurting Evangeline, Drake sent his security team to get rid of him. And to bring this gorgeous girl to him.
He's fascinated.
She doesn't belong in his world. But he wants to make her his.

And even though the night ends very sexy, Evangeline will not just stop her life and be his 'Angel' from now on...or will she??
Can she give up her life, stop working to support her sick parents, and just be this hot guy's plaything?
Or does Drake want more than just someone available for sex 24/7???

What will happen to Evangeline & Drake?
Will there be a HEA?
Will there be a horrible Cliffy??


Will everybody survive???

  ______________________________________________________


I really enjoyed the story.
It was nothing new of course.
(And if I remember correctly, Maya wrote kind of the same stories in her Breathless series??)

The dominant guy - the poor innocent girl.
BUT - those are the stories we love. The cinderalla romances.
And even though there were some pretty unbelievable/weird moments in MASTERED for me - I still enjoyed it. I wanted to know if Drake and his Angel would get their HEA at the end... well - the end of the series... we still won't know after this book :/ #Cliffy

What's been a problem for me with Maya's books for a few years now.... she just writes too many words.
She does horrible redundant repeats. When she lets people talk or think, it can add up to half a page for one thought or argument, that's just too long - it would be ok if it was important stuff they're saying, but most of that is repetition and unnecassary stuff. I don't know why Maya doesn't have an editor who's really good at his job and is willing to cut some of the redundant words??? Please someone DO THAT for the next books.
(The last KGI book I read - Hancock's story - I was sooo looking forward to it, but couldn't read it - I only read the conversations so that I knew what was happening - why make a 600 pages book, when you can say the same - and better - in 400 pages??)

Also - the way they talk in this book - it felt a bit like they time-traveled from 1800 England.
Maya uses very weird and so horribly webster-ish senctences. I didn't like that at all. I hope you'll know what I mean when you read it. I can't really express what I mean extactly ☺
BUT.... to my surprise....

Mastered was a really erotic and moving and funny and adorable book in a series about a very rich, mysterious, dominant millionaire hottie and his innocent Angel. If you love erotic Cinderella Romances - GO AND BUY IT!!!!



Now hurry Maya, I need to know what will happen in book #2 ☺


LINKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR





STALK MAYA ON:

Meet Maya

Hi, and welcome to my home on the internet!
My name is Maya Banks and I live in Texas with my husband and three children and our assortment of pets. I’m more of a cat person, but my daughter became convinced she NEEDED a dog. So convinced in fact that it became her mission to convince her father and me. She prepared a two page handwritten proposal that detailed WHY she needed a dog, and well, after I sent her to her father (I knew he wouldn’t tell her no) we embarked on the search for the perfect dog. The journey that was two hours away and that I got pulled over for speeding while I was on the phone with my agent who had an offer from a publisher for one of my books… The officer wasn’t impressed. He wrote me a ticket anyway. Thus, I now tell my daughter that her dog turned into one very expensive concession! But isn’t he cute?
When I’m not writing, I love to hunt and fish with my family. We all love the outdoors and go on family hunting trips every year. We also love to travel. One of our more recent trips was to Scotland, which was every bit as comical as National Lampoon’s European Vacation. You know the part about “Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament” as they went round and round the roundabouts? Yeah, that was us, only we couldn’t even get out of the airport in Glasgow without hitting three of those suckers.
Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of a writing career is getting to meet so many wonderful readers. There’s nothing better than dishing books with someone who loves the romance genre as much as I do. Romance readers are passionate and vocal. We love our books, love our happily ever afters, and we love to spend time talking to others about our favorites. THIS is why I love my job so much, and I’m so grateful to readers who gave ME a chance when I began my career. So thank you.
Love, Maya Banks