Monday 16 June 2014

✤ Seeking Nirvana ✤ V.L. Brock ✤ #1 ✤

© Bianca ✰ 



V.L. BROCK - SEEKING NIRVANA

• 215 pages
• release date: June 16 - 2014
• Book #1 in the Dark Evoke Series
• Book #2 will be out 5 October 2104



★★★★★
4.5 Stars



They say that old habits die hard, and twenty-seven year old, Kady Jenson, is about to discover how true that statement actually is.

Waking up in a hospital room with a complete stranger at her bedside, should have caused panic and confusion, but for a reason unknown to her, Kady finds herself drawn, and calmed by the presence of the rugged, devastatingly handsome man with the pleasant Irish brogue.
It’s when she discovers that she has just woken from a four day coma, with a three year void in her memory, which spawns confusion and panic.

Kady soon comes to realize that things change with time, and not only appearances.

Not only is the sexual chemistry she once shared with her long-term boyfriend, now a long-ago memory, but Kady also begins to unconsciously fall back into unremembered habits, and with each day, the increasing sense of foreboding, becomes increasingly harder to ignore.

Left on her own when her boyfriend goes on a business trip, Kady seeks help from the Irish stranger as they go on a quest together, in a race against time, to piece the puzzle together.






Boston


Kady wakes up in a Boston Hospital.
She doesn't know who the hot guy with the Irish accent is, who is sitting at her bed.
But he's not her boyfriend Liam. That much she knows. But that's basically all she knows - the last 3 years have been wiped from her memory.

Liam takes her home. A home that she doesen't know. It's not their small apartment in her beloved neighborhood anymore - it's a big house in a weird quiet neighborhood with overly nosey neighbors.

Weirdest thing of all?? She's not working as a stripper anymore. She's a baker now - Liam tells her she has her own cake-shop! She couldn't even fry an egg 3 years ago, and now she's baking and decorating cakes?

Her face and body seem to have aged more than than they should have in three years - and what's with the new 'marks' on her body?

Lots of things don't make sense to her - lots of lies seem to come out of Liam's mouth. And everything about Liam seems a bit off. He's different than she remembers.

The only good thing about her life seems to be the irish guy: Walker. He's working construction for Liam's company.
But her growing feelings toward Walker are wrong. She's with Liam.....

I felt slightly unnerved by the feelings that were stirring inside of me, feelings that should be aimed towards my boyfriend, not his hot-as-fuck Irish employee.


But what happened in the last 3 years??
Why does Walker act so familiar with her? Why is he always there - ready to protect her and comfort her?

Will Kady find out what happend during the time that's missing from her memory??
Will everybody die at the end? ☺☺☺
Will there be a Cliffhanger????


I'm not telling you of course ☺☺☺ 
 



Ok - I might tell you that, since there will be more books coming, there will be much more to tell!



BUT there's no Cliffhanger really .... no one is literally hanging from a cliff ...

BUT - you really want to keep on reading to find out what happened during the last 3 years and more importantly to find out what will happen next ☺
_________________________________________  


I REALLY ENJOYED READING THE BOOK!!!


I first thought - meh - I have read a few of those 'wakes-up-in-the-hospital-not-knowing-who-she-is' books. And I liked them, but I didn't really know what was expecting me here.

This book keeps you really interested. You HAVE to know what happened and what will happen.
You immediately start to like Kady - she's not the sweet innocent girlie, like heroines in so many other books. She's angry and sad and mad at the universe.
But more interesting for the female reader of course is the fact that we immediately LOVE Walker ☺
We have no idea what he's about, where he comes from (other than from Ireland that is). We just know that he's there for Kady, but she doesn't remember him. She just knows that she can trust him.
Not so much with Liam. He's acting so weird and everything that he tells her about the last 3 years (which isn't a lot) doesn't make much sense to her.

 ...he was coming across as though he wanted me to be this delicate, helpless person, to have me thrown into the deep end with only him as my life raft.

There were some moments for me when I really wanted to do that....


 to some of the characters - Kady included!!! ☺

The story gets more interesting with every page that you read...

WE REALLY NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED 
to Kady in the time she lost and how Walker plays into that!!!!

For my tastes there could've been a bit more sexiness in the book - but I also totally get why there isn't ... Liam is not the old Liam anymore and Walker is still a stranger - so, who should she be having sex with ☺ But I hope that book #2 will be a bit sexier!!!!

What the reader really notices is that the story means a lot to the author - could be personal experience that she put into it - or just experiences from friends and family - but this whole book really means something! There's a message in here for people with similar 'problems'. ♥

SEEKING NIRVANA was a really interesting Mystery Romance! 

Now I can't wait for the next book to come out!!!!!



I'm really excited to read what will happen to Kady & Walker next!





LINKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR


STALK V.L. ON:



V.L. BROCK:


Ever since I can remember, I have had a passion for writing, I suppose that's what happens when you are raised in a very creative family.
I wavered many times throughout the years on which career path I should take, but the one thing that always remained the same, was my need, and my want to write. But I didnt think anything of it, I would start and then give up. But as I grew, the motivational words of people that I loved and lost began to ring loud and clear in my head. So I gave it a shot...
and it was one of the best things to happen to me, and something I will never regret doing.

I'm a firm believer in starting each and every day with a motivational quote and a strong coffee. Look down the path you wish to travel and see the end result, believe in the end result, because it's possible. The only thing standing between you and your dreams, is yourself.