Monday 2 June 2014

✪ HEATED ✪ J. KENNER ✪ Most Wanted #2 ✪


©  Bianca  Janeane ✰ 



J. KENNER - HEATED
 • Most Wanted Series #2
• 384 pages
(includes the Stark Trilogy Novella Take Me)
• Release Date: 3 June - 2014
• Book #3 Ignited will be out 2 September
• Book #1 Wanted was released in January 2014


4,5 of 5 Stars


I knew better than to risk my heart.
But fierce passion comes at a high price.


I grew up believing in right and wrong, good and evil, black and white. I knew better than to trust. And then I met Tyler Sharp.

Bold, charming, and dangerously sexy, Tyler always gets what he wants. But his smile can be deceiving, his dealings sordid, his ambitions ruthless. I thought I was the one woman strong enough to resist him, but our need for each other was too urgent to deny.

One look and I was in trouble. One touch and I was hooked. One night and I became his.

And now that I’ve fallen, there’s no going back.





Chicago.


Sloane is a homocide cop from Indianapolis. She's healing from a gun-shot wound and is totally bored. Perfect time for her friend and C.I. Candy to tell her, that their friend - Stripper Amy - is missing.
Amy was working at our male hero Tyler's strip Club Destiny.



But she left without telling anyone where she went.
Sloane and Candy are very worried because the 3 owners of Destiny are rumored to be involved in many criminal activities - including human trafficking!



♥ Tyler Sharp ♥


He's our second guy in the Most Wanted Trilogy - we heard Evan's story in WANTED and Cole's story will be told in IGNITED.

Like Evan and Cole, Tyler didn't have the best life growing up and to rebel against his parents he decided to get into lots of criminal activities. Didn't help much with the parents - but he liked the business-side of things. He likes to puzzle out problems and make lots of money with it. He likes to own what other people covet.

Most of the 3 guys businesses are now on the right side of the law, but they still have some 'shady' things going on. At least that's what Sloane thinks.

That's why she sneaked into Evan's engagement party to meet Tyler. Her plan is simple: Seduce Tyler into giving her a job at Destiny's. That way she can snoop around, about Amy and about the criminal activities surrounding Tyler, Evan and Cole. Doesn't hurt that Tyler is super-hot and she hasn't had sex in a while.
As soon as she sees him at the party, she's completely intrigued. She knows Tyler is a criminal - but despite that, she's also completely in lust at the mere sight of him.

 All I know is that from the moment I met him, everything changed.

Sloane basically propositions him right there - and Tyler is extremely interested.... This mysterious, gorgeous redhead might have some secrets (and he's an excellent people-reader) but nevertheless he's very interested.

They start having a one-week fling. Becaus one week is all Sloane has - she has to get back to work in Indianapolis.



There are LOTS of secrets between the two of them - some of those secrets will be told - but some will stay secret for a while longer.

They're pretty much both playing each other. Who knows what here? Does Tyler know that she's a cop? Or is he just blindly running into the arms of the enemy?

Will they have a chance at a real relationship? Or is her being 'the Law' too much for Tyler?

I'M NOT TELLING YOU THAT OF COURSE ☺
 

I don't want to spoil anything ☺
__________________________________________
 

I REALLY ENJOYED THE BOOK!!!



Heated was a really great erotic suspens-ish romance ☺
We have those 2 really nice and cute and sexy and sweet and mysterious leading characters.
With all their secrets and problems.
They just want to belong to somebody. They might not know it at the beginning, but they really need each other to make live worth living.

Tyler just has to look at Sloane, and he knows all her deeply buried fears.



But can Sloane really live with a criminal? She's still a cop!

We have LOTS of sexy scenes. I really love that. I always see people complaining about too much sex in erotic romances??? WTF?



Do not stop putting SEX in my sexy romances!!!!

There was supsense and mystery and of course we had our moving and sad scenes.

And we met Evan and all the others from WANTED again ☺

A few things I didn't like....
there were lots of GODs in here - not in the religious sense, more like Yes, god, please.. Oh god yes! etc.... for me, as an extremely unreligious person, there were just wayyy too many god-mentions in the first half of the book ☺

Insta-Love! Hm.... This whole book takes place within ONE WEEK! Not even a whole week and still they're both way too fast with their feelings. Yes - with their pasts they just want to love someone and have that someone love them back - but I wouldn't have minded a few more weeks of spending time together. It was a bit fast ☺

Just like with WANTED I had a few problems with the whole story - not that I didn't love both books - but some things were missing for me - but don't ask me what - I don't know☺☺☺

But don't let me scare you away - I really enjoyed the story. It's probably just that I loved J. Kenner's Stark Trilogy sooo much - that I had to be a tiny bit disappointed with everything that followed ☺ BUT for all Damien Fans - J. Kenner or the publisher - put TAKE ME at the end of HEATED - so in case you haven't read the Stark-Novella yet - you can do it now ☺

 

HEATED was a great erotic suspense-ish Romance - you will definitely fall in LOVE Tyler Sharp ☺


Now I can't wait to read INGNITED ♥ Cole ♥




LINKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR


Stalk J. Kenner on:

facebook goodreads homepage twitter


J. KENNER:


J. Kenner is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me. She spent more than ten years as a litigator in Southern California and central Texas, using her rare free time to indulge in her passion of writing. She lives in Texas with her husband and daughters.