Saturday 31 August 2013

Adam's Boys - Anna Clifton



© Bianca  


ANNA CLIFTON - ANNA'S BOYS

release date -  1 September - 2013
155 Pages

Escape Publishing - Harlequin Australia

Before reading ADAM'S BOYS you should/could/want to read
FALLING FOR THE LAWYER
 it's about JP and Alex - who we will meet again in Adam and Abbie's book!


5 Stars




Wrong girl — wrong time? Adam’s fling with Abbie just weeks after the death of his wife may have been all wrong, but their time together gave him the strength to return home to his newborn son, Pete, and start their new life together.

Wrong guy — wrong time? Abbie's fling with Adam may have been all wrong, but their time together gave her Henry, the sunshine in her life, and although Adam is long gone, Abbie can never regret the time they spent together.

But two wrongs don't necessarily make a right. Adam Cooper is back, and when he learns the truth about his unknown son, he is hell-bent on creating a home and family for his boys, even if it means blackmailing Abbie into taking part.

Abbie has scars from her own tumultuous childhood, and losing Henry would destroy her. But with only mistrust and pain to bind them, can she and Adam ever find a way through regret to love and the family they could be?




Sydney, Australia. Present Day.

Abbie is trying to stay calm - but she will soon see the father of her son again. Only Adam doesn't know he has another son.
Four years ago they had a 3-week affair when Adam ran away from London and his 3-months old son Pete. He was grieving for the wife he just lost. And that's when he met Abbie - who was working at his Law-Firm. They spent wonderful days together - but his guilt made him pull back and leave for London again.

Now he's back for the Incipio-Cancer-Charity event at the Sydney Opera House and Abbie finally wants to tell him about Henry.



Only it doesn't happen exactly the way Abbie was hoping. He almost rudely brushes her off - he doesn't have any time to talk now - she should make an appointment at the Firm.
But then he also dances with her that night.
Are there maybe some sparks left?

Ok - that's it....

I don't want to spoil anything .... only a few not-too-spoiling-points:

- Abbie, Adam and the 2 boys will have an exciting run-in at the supermarket.
- Coincedentally the boys both visit the same school
- Adam thinks it would be wonderful if the 2 boys could be friends - because his Pete has been sad a lot.
(that's when he still doesn't know about Henry being his son!)
- Adam insists on them moving in together for the time he will be in Australia

Paddington - Sydney


- we will spend time at the beach

Bronte Beach - Sydney

- we'll go on a trip to England - and meet Adam's parents at their country estate in Cotswolds.


- there will be fights
- they will get together and leave each other multiple times
- 2 people might dance to the following song:

Coldplay - Paradise

WILL THERE BE A HAPPY END??? ☺ I'M NOT TELLING! GO AND BUY THE BOOK!



My Opinion:

I really liked the story - could've been a bit longer - but it was a sweet and moving romance! 

  When I saw the cover of the book and then read the blurb - I was intrigued. But then I started reading and it was something completely different. I was expecting something heavy and complicated but what I got was a fast read - a moving Romance about 2 people finding or not finding each other again after 5 years apart - and with a lot of obstacles to overcome.

I really like the cover photo - but for me it didn't really fit the book. The picture looks sad and I really expected a dark - autumn rain-kind-of story. As if the guy in the picture is a widower  - all alone with 2 kids - which of course is not the case.

Another thing that bothered me a bit was the line: ALL THOSE YEARS or something similar - they say it sooo often in the book - and it was only 4 years!!! They make it sound like 20 ☺

BUT - anyway - it was a wonderful Romance - with two people who didn't get on my nerves all that much ☺ Most book Characters are annoying once in a while - just like here too - but I really liked the story.
And those 2 boys are just adorable!!!


And the End was really wonderful! - not saying if it was happy - I just said wonderful! ☺

I liked the places the book takes us to - Sydney - the beach - the englisch country town. I could really picture it all.


I missed the sexy parts a bit - but that's just me - I like my romances steamy ☺
At least there was some kissing!


It was a wonderfully moving Romance - had me in tears a few times!

I hope we will get to read Justin's story next - he's one of the 3 partners in the Law Firm.


HERE ARE THE LINKS TO THE BOOKS and AUTHOR
 


Click here to purchase the book on amazon.co.uk

Click here to purchase the Kindle e-book at amazon.com 

Click here to purchase the Nook e-book at Barnes & Noble 






ABOUT ANNA
(stolen from her homepage!)

I was a lawyer in a past life, but am now a stay-at-home mum to several children, their constant stream of visiting friends, and several pets. We all live in an often too-small house in Sydney, Australia.

There is also a rather nice husband in the mix who is bemused about how my compulsive writing squeezes itself into the family schedule. Thankfully, like all good heroes, he knows better than to get in the way of the woman he loves on a mission.

Apart from reading and writing my great loves are travel photography (samples of which I'm afraid you won't be able to avoid in this website!), piping-hot coffee in the morning, and watching my husband enjoy doing the thing I hate doing most - cooking!